Friday, 3 December 2010

First Post

A warm welcome to my blog from freezing Scotland. After following Smithyveg for a couple of years and watching a couple of other NVS members creating blogs I thought - why not. So here I am following in the footsteps of the master Mr Smith. I hope my blog can show you my way of growing exhibition veg( and pom dahlias) and hopefully somebody can learn from the mistakes I made along the way.Last night the temperature was around -14c here on top of about 14" of snow - so there is not a lot happening apart from having to clear the snow from tunnels.The picture should give you an idea of how cold it is here.

8 comments:

  1. -14 thats cold tunnels can soon be ruined by heavey snow on top of them good look with the new blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to 'blogspot', Ian.

    Like you, I'm a follower of The Loughborough Munchkin Society'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Ian
    Love the carrots
    Maybe with some luck, I can get mine like that

    DarrenB

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BLOGGING DAYS IAN AND ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW SEASON 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the best with the blog ian i am going too put a link too your blog on our allotment society's blog.
    billy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your good wishes - hopefully I can live up to them!!

    ReplyDelete